Friday, August 14, 2009

fridays gratitude list

thank you for another day

thank you nose, the memories you capture

thank you morning-mist, your atmosphere

thank you space, i can move through

thank you light, you draw me from my head

thank you light, for rousing me

thank you light, you take me out

thank you body, for keeping up

thank you feet, for peddling through the wind

thank you wind, you urge me forth

thank you hands, for holding on

thank you hands, for letting go

thank you self-will, you concede

thank you knees, upon which I surrender

thank you blood, for warmth and feeling

thank you Neve, symbol of hope

thank you lunges, your bellows i breathe

thank you gravity, i am grounded today

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful.

    Thank you Lesley, for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete